Your most precious pen

Glenn-SC

How did you get you favorite/precious pen?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get you favorite/precious pen?

• You bought it yourself
    • You bought it with someone else
    • You bought it and gave it to someone as a gift
    • It was given to you as a gift
    • Was a "milestone" marker
    • Was inherited
    • You found it

Hands down my current daily favorite is a Parker "51" Vac with a lustraloy cap, a gold-filled blue diamond clip and a nib that borders on extra fine. The balance when posted is just right and the nib suits my handwriting perfectly, very workmanlike and consistent. When a bit more flourish is in order, I grab my Esterbrook Deluxe SM fitted with a 9128 nib and on those days, the Estie is my favorite.

I bought the "51" because of the nib and because it is a "51". The Estie was bought because it was a lovely shade of pale sage and could almost pass for a diminutive "51" in navy gray with the added bonus of an exchangeable nib. The 9128 was just waiting for the perfect pen and the Deluxe is it.

Edited by Margana

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulLeMay

• JRodriguez

• Dudley

• london

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only have three pens, but the one I would most miss if lost/stolen/etc would be my Aurora Mini Optima with 14K medium nib. I love the way the pen feels in my hand and on the right paper, the pen writes quite smoothly.

Diana

My most precious and neatest pen so far is the Sheaffer with absolutely beautiful flex given to me by the awesome Antonios.

When my grandmother discovered I had a passion for FPs, she gave me my deceased grandfather's Sheaffer's Vac that he used, then from his closed drugstore: 2 NOS Parker 51s and 2 NOS Parker 61s and a NOS Sheaffer cartridge pen. Sigh . . . :rolleyes:

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

It's a pair of pens, really. They belonged to my great uncle. I didn't really inherit them directly from him. They were in an old cabinet in my parents' basement with the rest of the stuff from his office and desk. That's why I said that I found them. They are a Sheaffer Flat-Top and a Waterman's Taperite, and I cherish them as a connection to him.

There is also a LeBeouf Unbreakable of his, but the nib is cracked, so it stays safe in a desk drawer. The other two see regular use, so they are the ones I feel a connection to.

Bill

I don’t have a precious pen in the sentimental/heirloom sense. Unfortunately, no one else in my family, from my grandparents downwards, were/are users. I wouldn’t attach cost/price to my definition of my most precious pen, either, not for the context of this thread, at least.

In any case, my current favourite, and therefore, currently my most precious pen, is one I won on ebay almost a year ago – a Sailor Cisele. The interesting fact, to me, about this pen was that I bid and won the auction while I was in London, on holiday with my wife and baby girl. This was my daughter’s first flight anywhere and I actually woke up at 4am just to bid on it (I was naïve to the world of sniping tools at the time). Ah well…

I plan to carve my own history with this pen (and perhaps a few others). Hopefully, it will become someone else’s most precious pen when I’m gone.

raf.

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

• 2 months later...

Ok, well I have a couple.

1. Waterman Patrician, Black Hard Rubber pen with plastic cap. It's just wonderful and I found it at an antique show for $25.

2. A Montblanc #22 that was a gift from my father in law. Sentimental Value. It's in my briefcase right now, with an oblique nib. Great for signing checks.

3. Parker 51 Flighter, bought at a flea market for $10 or $15.

mine would have to be the Signum Nova in black pearl i just picked up--beautiful pen that writes just as good as it looks

Wyatt Earp--Wyatt Earp

brave,courageous and bold

long live his fame & long live his glory

and long may his story be told

The most beautiful pen in my current collection is the red lacquer Chinese Dannitu 100. The most expensive one is Parker Sonnet Chiseled Tartan ST. The best performing pen in terms of writing quality: Reform Bremen that I bought from isellpens.com. All these I have bought for myself. No gifts here.

I bought it myself. Pelikan m400 med nib blue. Excellent price on ebay...

Well, people around don't understand this fountain pen thing. So they think it's crazy to spend a lot on a pen!

Oh, well I have a lot of milestones coming up :D

Commit to be fit

ClaudeP.com

For me, it is my Delta Dolce Vita OS. My wife bought it for me for our 10th anniversary. This one is very special to me.

My other pen is my DaniTrio Genkai Tamenuri that I recently bought or paying for :lol: This is a wonderful writer and something that will last a lifetime. I just hope that my daughters will like using fountain pens!!!!

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Most precious (my preciousssssssss, we loves it, we do...)? That would be the Sheaffer Legacy that Soren gave me as birthday gift, I think. And I would probably follow that up with the brown-striated Sheaffer Craftsman pens sent to me by two different online acquaintances, who knew that I liked fountain pens, with the grey-striated Sheaffer 875 with the wicked cool tiny italic nib customized by Richard, and the Javelin with the stub nib customized by Dillon. It's the personal touch that makes them all precious.

Hmmm . . . my Omas Ogiva MoMA would be close to the top, but right now I'd have to say it's a vintage Waterman with a delightful flex nib that was given to me by a dear friend. One day I'll get around to posting some pics to find out more about the pen.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

My best-loved is my Pelikan white tortoise, given as a gift by my sweetheart. My favorite writing pen at the moment is my modified Namiki Falcon, bought to celebrate finally getting a real job two years ago after a painful period of unemployment.

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick

Well I only have one pen at the moment, my Omas Paragon. I got it celebrate finally graduating college, so it means alot to me.

It has to be my Namiki Makie Flowers pen, with 18kt nib. It was a gift from my husband, just as my first fountain pen was a gift from him. Ah... :)9