Pelikan 4001 Turquoise.

Inka

I was recently gifted some Pelikan 4001 bottled inks, as I'd never before used any inks made by Pelikan, sent to me by a very good friend.

This hand-written review is of Pelikan Turquoise, an ink reviewed by others but I'm finding this ink to be especially enjoyable to use.

As such, thought I'd write my own review of this ink that reminds me very much of the Arizona blue turquoise I've grown to admire and love as a semi-precious stone.

Typically I'll get a bright ink like a purple or blue-purple and really love it at first, only to grow tired of them rather quickly and just put them aside, only to go unused.

There's something about this ink that I can't seem to turn away from, something calming, relaxing, mind-altering in a very good way, something I can't seem to get enough of.

So here's my hand-written portion about this ink and my personal views and opinions of it, hopefully legible enough for all to read despite their monitor size.

My Pelikan 4001 Bottled "Turquoise" Ink Review:

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu56/InkaFX/Pelikan-4001-Turquoise-Revi.jpg

Until now, I've enjoyed using many other inks but this one has done something to my brain that I don't fully understand and cannot fully explain.

Nothing else I've ever used has this calming effect on me while writing, so I find myself wanting to write more, while using this ink, than any other ink I own, have ever tried or owned.

I can't fully explain it; using Pelikan Turquoise ink in my only Pelikan pen just does something to me while using it, something that to me really is like "Ink Therapy", truly calms me down after a stressful day or event.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm sure I'll tire of it eventually, but for now this has been the only ink I have felt this way about for more than a day or two.

Can a person get addicted to using a particular ink???

At the very least, I'm becoming rather dependent on it, can't seem to pull myself away from it at this time.

I feel like I'm going through withdrawal when I don't use it for more than a couple of hours, gotta get my Pelikan Turquoise ink fix or begin to feel strange and withdrawn.

:vbg:

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inka

• AlanE

• dcpritch

• Laura N

I feel like inking up one of my pens with it now. I haven't used it for a while; instead I've been using Visconti blue as my main ink.

Such a nice ink. Waterman's South Seas is a big contender being wetter, but the color of Pelikan's Turquoise has something soothing in it, yes. Lovely. Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the great review!

and now I feel like ordering it, as if I didn't have enough Turquoises around already. I've only used this in the cartridge, and liked it. I think I'm in the minority in saying that Waterman SSB is my least favorite turquoise - I just filled a pen with it after using Lamy Turq. and it just leaves me sort of....cold. I do remember feeling good about Pelikan Turq, though, and with the pens I have I think I'd prefer a slightly drier ink anyway.

Edited by limesally

my only turquoise, its a very pretty color

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I'm still using it, can't seem to get enough.

I wrote a review of Levenger; Blue Bahama [click here for that review] some time back and pulled out the original hand-written sheet for comparison.

Side-by-side the colors are almost identical between the Pelikan 4001 Turquoise and the Levenger Blue Bahama, but the Pelikan wins hands down due to the terrific extra shading whereas the Levenger has some but not nearly as much.

There's just something about the way the Pelikan Turquoise shades that really grabs me while writing with it, even more shading when I write with it on sugarcane waste paper as it nearly jumps off the page even more than with printer paper.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

• 1 year later...

Apparently Turquoise is the colur of choice for the Pelikan Management Team. Bit of useless information for you !!

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to post an image from a writing sample I did today, showing the amazing shading characteristic of this ink (and as a side note also showing off the nib work done by Mike Masuyama on my 1980s 18C B nib - superb!)

fpn_1335275316__pelikan_4001_turquoise_814x1024.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

I have two turquoises: one Waterman's SSB which I use in my 20-year-old Laureat, and Pelikan 4001 Turquoise that I use in my Pelikan 400NN. Both inks work well in their respective pens, but I am not afraid to think outside the ink bottle and switch occasionally.

Stay addicted, Penlovers!

Stay addicted, Penlovers!

• 3 years later...

Thanks for sharing ~ this Pelikan 4001 Turqouise is my first bottle of turquoise ink ~ the color is reallyyyy calm me down ~ beautiful color and shade ~ match with almost pens ~

My favorite ink , it is almost finish now , i'm sure i will buy again ~

I feel like inking up one of my pens with it now. I haven't used it for a while; instead I've been using Visconti blue as my main ink.

The Visconti turquoise is also very nice. It shades a bit more, I find, than the Pelikan or Lamy turquoise, both of which I love on Tomoe River paper!