pictures of new lamy dialog 3

obmike

If the clip went away and it had a tapered section rather than that bulbous, um, well, what Deirdre said, I might consider one. But in that price range, I could get a Decimo with a broad nib for signatures and still order a nib unit from Richard Binder in XXXXF to use it everyday.

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HenryLouis

• saintsimon

• Deirdre

• Silvermink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the clip went away and it had a tapered section rather than that bulbous, um, well, what Deirdre said, I might consider one. But in that price range, I could get a Decimo with a broad nib for signatures and still order a nib unit from Richard Binder in XXXXF to use it everyday.

At that price range, I'd probably save my money and get one of the capless Stipula pens (I've seemingly outgrown my taste for VPs).

I'll look at it in a store, but honestly, that nib is why the white Lamy Studio isn't higher on my list of pens to buy.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

It looks like the (bleep) of a Lamy Pico and a Stipula DaVinci ...

The 2000 had to grow on me, this one could either ...

Those, who can operate a twist ball point with one hand will certainly be able to do it with the Dialog 3, too.

It looks as if the other Lamy steel nibs, especially the Italics, can be put onto this feed the usual way.

Edited by saintsimon

I've always considered that particular gold nib kind of rude looking, and the tampon shape of the pen only enhances the effect. They could complete the look with a wrist strap....

:roflmho:

Looks like a VIsconti Metropolis minus the style!

No thanks

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Against most of the opinions expressed here, I like the pen. But not at the price. Not even at half the price, actually. Design looks industrial, minimalistic, sturdy, probably holds a good amount of ink, and the nib retracts. Cool. But expensive. The fountain pen market has gone bananas.

I've always considered that particular gold nib kind of rude looking, and the tampon shape of the pen only enhances the effect. They could complete the look with a wrist strap....

I had the same thought... looks like a tampon...

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

I don't care who you are, that's Funny right there.

Maybe if they made it in red, I'd get one....

umm... eww.. :mellow:

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Maybe if they made it in red, I'd get one....

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Against most of the opinions expressed here, I like the pen. But not at the price. Not even at half the price, actually. Design looks industrial, minimalistic, sturdy, probably holds a good amount of ink, and the nib retracts. Cool. But expensive. The fountain pen market has gone bananas.

Does it really hold much ink? Given the safari nib I'd expect the same ink capacity also.

To me, it looks like it's going to be unusually wide and awkward to hold onto--no taper or gripping section, so I'd guess it's about the same as the back end of a safari or a little larger.

I think I quite like the looks of this. Very clean, simple lines. I'll have to try it in my hand to know whether it's comfortable, but I suspect it will be OK. I'm not surprised that they are using the standard nib shape. Have they introduced a new pen without it since the Lady (which was, I think '94).

I'm curious about the retraction mechanism. The pictures show a strip on the barrel of the pen that stays aligned all through the extension of the nib. So what do you twist/push/threaten to extend the nib? Or is it just artistic license in the pictures?

I'm curious about the retraction mechanism. The pictures show a strip on the barrel of the pen that stays aligned all through the extension of the nib. So what do you twist/push/threaten to extend the nib? Or is it just artistic license in the pictures?

I'd guess it's the back half of the barrel -- a mechanism similar in concept to how the various Stipula capless pens retract/extend.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

If it's like the Stipulas, hold the front half of the barrel and rotate the rear half counterclockwise (if you're looking from the nib end) to open.

deirdre.net

I like the shape and style.

I like the clip and the nib.

I'm not worried about capacity, if its like the VP it will be enough.

The price is about 2 to 3 times too high though.

OK, how about 4 times.

Edited by Glenn-SC

Cool, but not for $300. I like Lamy but that's just too high for the same function-factor as a Pilot VP. This is pretty stark. For $40, I'd think about it. For $300 - no way.

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

Interesting. A rounded cylinder with at least some flattening on the clip side. The rounded ends are simple and straightforward.

This looks like a metal pen and if it is its going to be very heavy, unlike Safari and 2000. From the photo the finish also appears to be powder coated metal which tends to be very slippery. Also, based on the nib size I'd venture an estimated girth of a little over 1/2 inch.

Should be an interesting pen from a mechanical standpoint, however, I'll reserve judgement on the overall package until I see one in the flesh.

Looks like a penlight. They could hide a little LED in there and make it double as one too. Not liking it so far.

Dropbox online file storage

Using my referral link gives us both 500MB more free space

Consider signing up and helping me out.

This thing is revolting. I'll have to see it in a store. Why wouldn't they just use the 2000 nib?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg