What does purple ink say about you?

mucephei

Purple is one of my favourite colours of ink and I always have one pen filled with Diamine Imperial Purple. I use it occasionally for letter writing, though mainly for writing down ideas and first drafts of articles and stories.

It is a colour that has happy connotations for me because it is the colour used by my old university (actually Royal Purple) so it reminds me of my days as a student. That seems to be a common factor here, but I was wondering what else it suggests. I am no colour psychologist but to me the colour purple suggests relaxation, meditation, deep thought, even pleasure. I no longer use this colour at work, only at home. I have enough "serious" inks to use at work, like blue and black.

I wondered if anyone else here had something to say about it?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ondina

• Silvermink

• holgalee

• WendyNC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think purple is often associated with Royalty. As for me, I love Mont Blanc's violet, and hope to add Iroshizuku's Edo Murasaki.

I use it exclusively in my Think Jimi Hendrix because it was his favourite colour.

Thanks. It's Noodlers Purple Martin. The pen is surprisingly good too.

What inks mean to me:

Black: Business/elegance

Blue: Fun

Orange: Pain (associated w/ outlining hundreds of trillions of pages)

Red: "Mwhahaha... someone just lost a letter grade"

Green: Peaceful

Purple: sumptuous indulgence

Brown: this is "thinking ink"; reminds me of ancient manuscripts

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

Purple is my favorite ink color as well. What does it say about me? Dunno. It is an accent color from my alma mater, Clemson University.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

I hear Enzo Ferrari used purple ink. I myself am trying to find a purple I can live with. FPN's Tulipe Noire is nice but not waterproof. La Reine Mauve is nice and waterproof but feathers like crazy on everything. I just got Violet Vote which looks good on some papers using some nibs. Haven't decided yet...

Doug

I dont know what it says about me, being that inks are so devilishly clever about talking behind our backs, but I use purple for everything. I like Purple martin from noodlers and la reain mauve as well. I use them on business forms, letter writing, and paying bills. :) Maybe purple ink just says I am crazy...so be it!

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

I love purple ink too. Used Waterman Violet for decades. Now, thanks to all the people here, I have added Violet Vote, Visconti Purple, Caran d'Ache Storm, Herbin Poussiere de Lune, Herbin Violette Pense. Er, how did that happen? Six purples? Do the two fuschia/cyclamen also count?

I like purples because of the depth of the colour which has a sort of luxuriousness, a softness to it.

are there any good paler mauve purples around?

I think purple is often associated with Royalty. As for me, I love Mont Blanc's violet, and hope to add Iroshizuku's Edo Murasaki.

Iroshizuku's Edo Murasaki? I don't know that one. Is that one that is a Japan exclusive? I'd love an Iroshizuku purple! :puddle:

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

Yes, purple was worn by Royalty and commoners could be punished for daring to do so (if, of course, they could afford such material). I am still not sure how much I will use purple--since I refuse to use black there are more purple possibilities. To me it is deep and resonant and commands your attention. At the moment I use Caran d'Ache Storm.

post-29403-1241922842_thumb.jpg

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi - Blue (F)

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi - Vanilla (F)

Visconti Opera Elements - Air (F)

Pelikan M800 - Red Striped (F)

Pelikan M640 SE Polar Lights (F)

Pelikan M620 SE Piccadilly Circus (F)

Pelikan M640 SE Sahara (F)

Pelikan M800 Demonstrator (M)

Robert

(a.k.a. Philosopher)

Feel free to Visit My Website

I haven't started exploring purple inks yet, but I'd love to have a very, very deep, dark purple--just shy of black--with no chalky qualities.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Interestingly someone just sent me some handouts by a woman who does color healing, is some kind of medical intuitive or such. I'm going to paste the info on purple below as well as her name. If anyone wants the entire handout, PM me.

Violets/Lavenders

Spiritual colors

Stimulates the imagination in positive ways

Put violet in your environment:

Can energize and remove lethargy (as it has qualities of red, which stimulates)

Helps you balance life

Can speed up the natural healing of body (red qualities offer quickspeed, blue is healing)

Her name is Catherine Poole

website CatherinePoole.com

Haven't visited her website yet, but will soon.

BTW, purple is my favorite color range of ink and one of my favorite pens is Krone's Nirvana, a lovely marbled purple pen!

Gini

Gini

Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I like purple too and have the Pelikan Violet and the Iroshizuku Yama Budo. Am looking for a well behaved purple that's doesn't feather and is a little drier and more water resistant. Also prefer a darkish rather than pale shade that is more blue (Pelikan Violet) than red (Yama Budo). Any recommendations? TIA!

Waterman Violette is one of the two inks I could not do without. Impressive ink/color. I don't know if it has a meaning, but I like it a lot.

Edited by Ondina

No one has mentioned Tanzanite. One of my faves as it can appear blue in some pens and a wonderully colored blue/purple in others. In constant use for me are Caran d'Ache Storm and Diamine's Imperial Purple, but the Tanzanite stays in some of my "F" and "XF" nibbed pens

Knoxville TN & Palm Coast FL

I like purple too and have the Pelikan Violet and the Iroshizuku Yama Budo. Am looking for a well behaved purple that's doesn't feather and is a little drier and more water resistant. Also prefer a darkish rather than pale shade that is more blue (Pelikan Violet) than red (Yama Budo). Any recommendations? TIA!

Have you tried MB Violet?

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

I haven't started exploring purple inks yet, but I'd love to have a very, very deep, dark purple--just shy of black--with no chalky qualities.

The only purple ink I can think of is Noodler's Nightshade or PR Ebony Purple (review here).

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

Purple is supposed to mean that you are creative, progressive, high-spirited, idealistic, and eccentric in your style of dress.

I like violet and mauve inks, on the "dusty" or subdued side, rather than bright purple. I use:

Montblanc Violet

Herbin Poussiere de Lune

Noodler's Nightshade

Private Reserve Ebony Purple