Gallery of all the Bespoke CS that has been ordered recently

dandelion

Two snapshots at my longed for Dandy Claret. When I ordered it I thought I'd prefer it with a silver trim, but I must say that the combo gold/claret is stunning. I LOVE this pen.

Now I must write with it. Made the 20th of May - not even a month old...

Woohoo - it looks lovely!

What kind of nib did you get on this?

@leoniethomas18

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dandelion

• Rena

• Carrie

• QM2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! A stunning Dandy! Congratulations! What nib size did you get? Claret was my second color choice for the non-black pen in my order. I ended up going with Classic Green, but I'm glad to know that I wouldn't have gone wrong either way. Also, I love the looks of the lever--I'm so glad that this filling option ended up being part of the Spring Sale! Now if only my pens would arrive...

Two snapshots at my longed for Dandy Claret. When I ordered it I thought I'd prefer it with a silver trim, but I must say that the combo gold/claret is stunning. I LOVE this pen.

PS: I noticed that your Claret Dandy has a slightly domed top instead of the flat top that your Azure Dandy has. Did you specify which you wanted when you ordered? Now I'm curious to know which is standard... or is it just random?

I noticed that your Claret Dandy has a slightly domed top instead of the flat top that your Azure Dandy has. Did you specify which you wanted when you ordered? Now I'm curious to know which is standard... or is it just random?

I posted this same question about the CS Dandy caps, back in 2007, in this thread. Mary Burke provided a response (in that thread), and I read from her response that the domed caps were older production, and the knurled flat top cap is the current production model for the Dandy. Perhaps because the Dandy is now a Bespoke offering, CS decided to bring back the domed cap.

The original photos (from the 2007 thread) are now gone (due to attachment limits) -- but here is one photo to show the different caps, for the sake of completeness:

http://girlieg33k.googlepages.com/cs-dandy-caps.jpg

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

I haven't got a clue - I asked if it were possible to get the flattop, but now as I have the dome version I'm very happy to have it in that version. It adds a bit of character, but the pen still feels like a true flattop.The nib is an extra fine, but it is more like a fine. It is very smooth and nice to write with, but far from a true EF. If possible I'd have ordered it with a fine italic, but that wasn't possible during the spring sale. When I look at my Duro and Dandy I really can't understand why Conway Stewart doesn't have them in their regular range. They are sooo classic and beautiful and together with the 58 and Churchill they could be the classic anchors for CS. I'm very glad that I had the possibility to buy a couple during this spring sale.

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

PS Thank you girlieg33k for the photo on the different caps.

Dandelion, congratulations on the new acquisitions! You certainly have a nice collection of CS pens now in deep, rich colours.

I asked about the flat/ domed top prior to ordering my first bespoke Dandy, and Mary told me to specifically state the one I want when placing the order.

Thanks for the answers on the domed/flat top question. I wonder which one I'll be getting (as I did not know to state a preference)... hmm... luckily, I like them both so it will be a nice surprise.

Edited by reprieve

Snapshot of the Duro in Dartmoor. A stunning combination with a lovely medium italic with a lot of line variation. I am so happy!

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/petraplutten/DuroDartmoor_0021-1-1.jpg

Edited by dandelion

Now I must write with it. Made the 20th of May - not even a month old...

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/petraplutten/DandyClaret_20090615_0017.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/petraplutten/DandyClaret_20090615_0016.jpg

It's a great looking pen. A real classic look in a timeless finish. I genuinely wonder why CS would stop something as nice as this (or the 58) being available to the public. They must be happy with sales of all their limited stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.pbase.com/mallymal1/image/114813345/large.jpg

Turquoise Fleck Dandy...mmmmmmmmmm

Wow, the turquoise really stands out on your Dandy. My replacement 58 is going to be a Turquoise Fleck.

CS newbie type question..noticed the same body color used on a section..will the use of this material in the section be an issue in years to come when repairs are necessary?

I can't quite figure out how the deal on the section works. My 100 has a section matching the barrel, my Duro and 58's have black sections while the Inky Dinky had a section matching the barrel. If you look at the images of the recent Bespoke sales you will see 58s with matching sections and black sections. Seems to also be the case with the Dandy and Duro, some black section, some matching.

Maybe Mary can help explain.

My little pen finally arrived today. Dinkie in Amber.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3424/3710324835_a55d02591e.jpg

I've got to admit that I thought GeeTee's Duro in amber was stunning, so that prompted me to get the Dinkie in Amber. I absolutely love it. The tiny white flecks are a surprise, but they do go so well with the colour which is very translucent. 

Edited by Carrie

I've got to admit that I thought GeeTee's Duro in amber was stunning, so that prompted me to get the Dinkie in Amber.

Can't fault that! It really is a beautiful, timeless color. I bet there are some wonderful changes in hue, under different lighting conditions.

Malcolm

I've got to admit that I thought GeeTee's Duro in amber was stunning, so that prompted me to get the Dinkie in Amber. I absolutely love it. The tiny white flecks are a surprise, but they do go so well with the colour which is very translucent. 

:thumbup: Cool pen. Amber is one of the most underrated CS colours.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3424/3710324835_a55d02591e.jpg

That photograph is beautifully composed and lit

What a beautiful little pen. Great photo - very stylish!