FPN Quick Navigation
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Dip Pen Ferrules
Posted 30 April 2009 - 18:00
Posted 30 April 2009 - 18:08
Is there a link you can post? I'm making feather/quill dip pens but I need the hardware. It sounds like what you're describing might work.
Posted 30 April 2009 - 18:54
You will see the pen tubes listed at the bottom of this page:
050-9005 Replacement Tubes $0.40
They sell 10" tubes that you can cut to your length also:
Click on the instructions to see what the tubes look like. I will try to post some pictures tonight of my dip pens that I make and a pic of the tubes.
Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:14
Edited by foneman, 01 May 2009 - 02:16.
Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:57
Thank you, If you would like a couple of the pen tubes to try, just let me know and I will throw them in the mail.
Before you go to any trouble, we are trying to use cut lengths of brass tube for the feather quills ever since you got me thinking along those lines this afternoon. Are the tubes you are using significantly different than that? The quills we're making are fun -- I'll try to get a picture up.
Are you selling your holders? I think people would be interested in them.
Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:34
The pen tubes might be a little bit thinner walled, but I do not think that makes them any better than the brass you are trying. If the nib feels slightly loose inside the brass tube, just wedge something in with it and that should secure it good and tight. I use small sections of Harbor Freight Flux brushes to hold my nibs tight. The flux brushes are just a hair smaller than the inside diameter of the pen tube and do an excellent job of holding the nibs. HF occasionally has the flux brushes on sale for $1.99 for a bag of 36. One flux brush makes several "nib tighteners".
Here is a link to the flux brushes I am referring to:
Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:38
Posted 01 May 2009 - 18:55
"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac
Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!
Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:38
Thanks Kudzu. We worked out the details and are selling them here now:
Edited by jbb, 04 May 2009 - 02:44.