#211 Bigeddie

Bigeddie

Must not purchase more ink.

• Supporter - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:22

In addition to the Lamy and the TWSBIs mentioned earlier, I have also seen him use a Pilot Custom 823. In this video you can see it close at 0:31 and refilling at 0:51. Pretty sure he was using the same  when I went to have my copy signed in NYC.

And what looks like a pre 2010 bottle of Montblanc Bordeaux, maybe Sepia.

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

#212 gwyneddd

gwyneddd

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:55

Nicholas Elliot, famous MI-6 spy and Kim Philby's foil, wrote with a MB (source: Ben Macintyre's recent history, "A Spy Among Friends"). He rolled the pen between his fingers or on a hard surface as a distraction and to cover his own nervousness during the confrontation with Philby in Beirut.

Have you read "A Spy Among Friends" which is the story of unmasking Philby as a double agent?  It's fantastic--and if you like John LeCarre, it gives a lot of insight into his best books (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy for one.)

#213 Helen350

Helen350

Vintage

• Supporter - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2014 - 13:50

Colin Powell uses a custom made fountain pen commissioned for him by Bill Cosby from Bradford Torelli.  The pen is made completely of solid titanium.  Colin Powell is a lefty.  www.Torellipens.com

Edited by Helen350, 21 October 2014 - 13:51.

#214 Koenti01

Koenti01

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2015 - 18:15

I went to the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa the other week and saw this cool piece of history. It's the Parker Challenger used by General Charles Foulkes, commander of the 1st Canadian Corps, who accepted the surrender of General Johannes Blaskowitz, commander of German forces in the Netherlands, at Wageningen on 5 May 1945. PC270187.JPG

#215 fullfederhalter

fullfederhalter

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:31

Walt Disney is often seen in pictures with Sheaffer pens. I don't know if this is because they supplied the pens or if he actually enjoyed using them.

P.S. If someone has the 'Walt Disney' Sheaffer balance pen kicking around they don't want.... :vbg:

Supposedly, after Walt passed away the contents of his desk were inventoried and a black Sheaffer Balance and an Eversharp Skyline were found (I have reproductions of both pens).  While visiting the Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco last summer, they had this Skyline on display.

Attached Images

• wdpen.jpg