#211 KAC

KAC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:14

Nicholas Elliot, famous MI-6 spy and Kim Philby's foil, wrote with a MB (source: Ben Macintyre's recent history, "A Spy Among Friends"). He rolled the pen between his fingers or on a hard surface as a distraction and to cover his own nervousness during the confrontation with Philby in Beirut.

#212 Bigeddie

Bigeddie

Must not purchase more ink.

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:22

In addition to the Lamy and the TWSBIs mentioned earlier, I have also seen him use a Pilot Custom 823. In this video you can see it close at 0:31 and refilling at 0:51. Pretty sure he was using the same  when I went to have my copy signed in NYC.

And what looks like a pre 2010 bottle of Montblanc Bordeaux, maybe Sepia.

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

#213 gwyneddd

gwyneddd

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:55

Nicholas Elliot, famous MI-6 spy and Kim Philby's foil, wrote with a MB (source: Ben Macintyre's recent history, "A Spy Among Friends"). He rolled the pen between his fingers or on a hard surface as a distraction and to cover his own nervousness during the confrontation with Philby in Beirut.

Have you read "A Spy Among Friends" which is the story of unmasking Philby as a double agent?  It's fantastic--and if you like John LeCarre, it gives a lot of insight into his best books (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy for one.)

#214 Helen350

Helen350

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2014 - 13:50

Colin Powell uses a custom made fountain pen commissioned for him by Bill Cosby from Bradford Torelli.  The pen is made completely of solid titanium.  Colin Powell is a lefty.  www.Torellipens.com

Edited by Helen350, 21 October 2014 - 13:51.