#1 bayport714

bayport714

A Hardy Boy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2009 - 17:59

I have both a blue and a white Pelikan ceramic pen holder - the kind that has a hole in the beak to hold the pen. Did Pelikan make these in any other color?

#2 Underskoterskan

Underskoterskan

Dipped for life

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 18:05

I have bought (from Pendemonium) the blue one: a fantastic way of storing a Pelikan when it's not in your hand. blush.gif

I have never seen the white version, or any other colour. Feel free to post pictures of your white Pelikan pen stand. I'd love to see it.

Regards
Undersköterskan

#3 Foodwriter

Foodwriter

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 18:14

"daenghafez" uses a picture of a blue, silver and gold pen holder in his logo photo along with some silver and gold Pelikans, Lets hope he tells about where he got them.

#4 Clive Merrick Morel

Clive Merrick Morel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 22:17

QUOTE (Foodwriter @ Mar 30 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"daenghafez" uses a picture of a blue, silver and gold pen holder in his logo photo along with some silver and gold Pelikans.

Let's hope he tells about
where he got them.

+1!

-Clive
-Clive Merrick Morel
. Please do not send PMs...
E-mail me: clivemmorel@earthlink.net

#5 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:20

QUOTE (Foodwriter @ Mar 31 2009, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"daenghafez" uses a picture of a blue, silver and gold pen holder in his logo photo along with some silver and gold Pelikans, Lets hope he tells about where he got them.

My ceramic penholder as you can see in my avatar is a bird miniature ceramic where the pen is rest on its feet instead of in its beak since it is a small size display.

I understand that the blue colour bird miniature ceramic was given for free for those whom purchases M605 blue pen some time ago. Whilst for the silver and gold miniature ceramic was issued to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Pelikan pen (since 1929). I think it was in the year 2004. I am not sure whether it is for the dealer or for sale or given for free. But the local pen dealers here gave it to me since I persistently asked for it. embarrassed_smile.gif

I do have one blue colour pelikan display ceramic (where pen is placed in the beak). To my observation, the usual colour for this kind of display ceramic is white and blue. But to answer bayport 714's enquiry on how many colour does the pelikan display ceramic have, I have seen before multi colours of the display ceramic which was put on auction in fleabay germany long time ago. The colours ranging from white, blue, yellow, dark green, red, black etc. I did download some of the ceramic display photos and will certainly post it here once I can locate the photo files in my computer.

Regards
Daeng
Pens for Sale
Mint & NIB Pelikan M600 & K600 Blue Demo Sold
Mint & NIB Pelikan LE Colossus of Rhodes Sold

Posted Image

#6 Clive Merrick Morel

Clive Merrick Morel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:56

QUOTE (daenghafez @ Mar 30 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My ceramic penholder as you can see in my avatar is a bird miniature ceramic where the pen is rest on its feet instead of in its beak since it is a small size display.

I understand that the blue colour bird miniature ceramic was given for free for those whom purchases M605 blue pen some time ago. Whilst for the silver and gold miniature ceramic was issued to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Pelikan pen (since 1929). I think it was in the year 2004. I am not sure whether it is for the dealer or for sale or given for free. But the local pen dealers here gave it to me since I persistently asked for it. embarrassed_smile.gif

I do have one blue colour pelikan display ceramic (where pen is placed in the beak). To my observation, the usual colour for this kind of display ceramic is white and blue. But to answer bayport 714's enquiry on how many colour does the pelikan display ceramic have, I have seen before multi colours of the display ceramic which was put on auction in fleabay germany long time ago. The colours ranging from white, blue, yellow, dark green, red, black etc. I did download some of the ceramic display photos and will certainly post it here once I can locate the photo files in my computer.

Regards
Daeng

Hi Daeng,

Thank you for posting the information surrounding the three Pelikan displays...you did a splendid job! thumbup.gif

Hopefully, I'll have the good fortune to find one of the fine birds ... in decent shape and at a reasonable price! biggrin.gif

Very Best Regards from Encinitas, CA! bunny01.gif

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

#7 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• 1,160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:55

QUOTE (daenghafez @ Mar 31 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But to answer bayport 714's enquiry on how many colour does the pelikan display ceramic have, I have seen before multi colours of the display ceramic which was put on auction in fleabay germany long time ago. The colours ranging from white, blue, yellow, dark green, red, black etc. I did download some of the ceramic display photos and will certainly post it here once I can locate the photo files in my computer.

Regards
Daeng

Here goes..

Pens for Sale

Posted Image

#8 Deirdre

Deirdre

Stipula Ventidue Ti Nib Adoption Agency

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,121 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:44

Wow.
deirdre.net
"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

#9 Foodwriter

Foodwriter

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:53

Thank you very much!

#10 DeScribe

DeScribe

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,496 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:23

Good work, Daeng. Would this pen stands be your next collection targets? clap1.gif
Other pens available for sale:

Pelikan : Keep a watchout here, M805 FPs, M400 and M405 FPs,

#11 bayport714

bayport714

A Hardy Boy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:46

QUOTE (daenghafez @ Mar 31 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (daenghafez @ Mar 31 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But to answer bayport 714's enquiry on how many colour does the pelikan display ceramic have, I have seen before multi colours of the display ceramic which was put on auction in fleabay germany long time ago. The colours ranging from white, blue, yellow, dark green, red, black etc. I did download some of the ceramic display photos and will certainly post it here once I can locate the photo files in my computer.

Regards
Daeng

Here goes..

Thanks for posting the photos. I am surprised at the number of colors available as I have only ever seen white and dark blue.

#12 penspouse

penspouse

Happy Granny

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2009 - 15:00

WOW! Love the red one. drool.gif
Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug
- Some of my amateur photography.

#13 bayport714

bayport714

A Hardy Boy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2009 - 15:09

I can't tell for sure but aren't we missing the iconic Pelikan green? Is there one? I would have thought that Pelikan would have released one in that color first.

#14 Clive Merrick Morel

Clive Merrick Morel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:06

QUOTE (daenghafez @ Mar 31 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regards,

Daeng

Hi Daeng,

Absolutely first-rate, beyond-the-call-of-duty post.

Truly exquisite photos along with highly informative, very interesting commentary. Not to mention some gorgeous "source" material!!! thumbup.gif

Thank you very, VERY much for the time and effort you spent in creating arguably one of the best posts this FPN member has ever read.

Cheers!

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

#15 Clive Merrick Morel

Clive Merrick Morel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:13

Daeng -- One more thing . . .

Among your photos, this was my favorite. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

#16 Underskoterskan

Underskoterskan

Dipped for life

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 17:52

Wow. I had no idea they came in so many different colours. Fantastic ! thumbup.gif

Regards
Undersköterskan

#17 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• 1,160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:39

QUOTE (DeScribe @ Mar 31 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good work, Daeng. Would this pen stands be your next collection targets? clap1.gif

Aloy, I wont be seriously looking for it. I'll just take the photos and keep it in my pelikan photo archive.But if someone is donating to me, why not? tongue.gif
Pens for Sale

Posted Image

#18 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• 1,160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:46

QUOTE (Clive Merrick Morel @ Apr 1 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-Clive

Thanks, Clive. It is my favourite photo too. Currently the mini ceramics are in my display cabinet with M200 (old style) series pen on it. wink.gif

I remember there are another 1 or 2 photos of a display ceramic (with pen in the beak) of the 60s in my photo archive. Let me search for it and if I can locate one, I will post it here. biggrin.gif
Pens for Sale

Posted Image

#19 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• 1,160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:43

QUOTE (daenghafez @ Apr 2 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Clive Merrick Morel @ Apr 1 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-Clive

Thanks, Clive. It is my favourite photo too. Currently the mini ceramics are in my display cabinet with M200 (old style) series pen on it. wink.gif

I remember there are another 1 or 2 photos of a display ceramic (with pen in the beak) of the 60s in my photo archive. Let me search for it and if I can locate one, I will post it here. biggrin.gif

Managed to find the old pelikan ceramic photos. I think they are produced in the 60s..

Pens for Sale

Posted Image

#20 blueblazes

blueblazes

The Cheshire Cat's Smile

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 22:31

Where did you guys find these magnificent holders? I've seen the white and the blue ceramic ones such as the one at Pendemonium, but I had no idea that they were produced in such a variety of colors and styles. Nifty stuff!

#21 DeScribe

DeScribe

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,496 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 16:30

QUOTE (daenghafez @ Apr 2 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DeScribe @ Mar 31 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aloy, I wont be seriously looking for it. I'll just take the photos and keep it in my pelikan photo archive.But if someone is donating to me, why not? tongue.gif

lol..if someone is going to donate one to me, these pen stands will be my next collection target. I wanted to purchase a couple of such stands previously. However, it was off my budget and I gave up the idea eventually. headsmack.gif

Other pens available for sale:

Pelikan : Keep a watchout here, M805 FPs, M400 and M405 FPs,

#22 memm

memm

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2009 - 17:06

I bought the white Pelikan holder recently (the bigger one, where the pen is in a hole in the beak) http://pelikanpens.c...esk_Stands.html
I use it to store my blue M605, but I noticed that since I started using it the pen has a lot more scratches than before.... even though I am careful when I put the pen in or out. Do you have the same problem? Is there anything you did to solve this problem (felt lining, ...)?

#23 Inka

Inka

Beyond Reason!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2009 - 17:46

@ memm;

Ceramic is an extremely hard substance, hard enough that it's often used for knife sharpening.
If there are any un-glazed areas inside the hole in the Pelican beak of the pen holder it will act almost like diamonds and cut into almost anything [including steel!].
Something that hard doesn't require much pressure to cut into plastics and celluloid and while I don't own one of these pen stand I do own several ceramic knife sharpeners.
If I were you and didn't want pen scratches, I'd steer clear of that pen holder and just use it as eye-candy [a collectible], maybe a paperweight, and not use it at all as a pen holder.
“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.
They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.
There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [Scott]; 5 October, 2009

#24 memm

memm

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2009 - 19:48

QUOTE (Inka @ Aug 6 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I were you and didn't want pen scratches, I'd steer clear of that pen holder and just use it as eye-candy [a collectible], maybe a paperweight, and not use it at all as a pen holder.

Aargh, that sounds scary. I will stop using the pen holder for frequently used pens unless I can make it pen safe (felt, ..) which it should have been in the first place. Now I need to find a way of polishing out the scratches of the M605. At least the ones on the main body (I'm not very optimistic that the ones on the silver-coloured cap rings can be removed sad.gif )

#25 Keye Skware

Keye Skware

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2010 - 19:26

@ memm;

It's too bad that they much such an attractive pen holder, that can't really be used to hold pens (safely). I really want one for my desk but it would kill me to have it and not be able to use it.

#26 Rick Propas

Rick Propas

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,556 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2010 - 20:18

This holder, as Deang has shown, is from the 1930s.

For those concerned, the inside of the holder is glazed and I do use mine, on my display case, as shown in this desktop image, here with my 112.

Posted Image

#27 Ed Ronax

Ed Ronax

Support a pen addict - donate now.

• Member - Gold

• 2,753 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2010 - 00:31

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I've only ever seen the white ones, I do like the big bird bottom right.
And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

#28 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• 1,160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:19

This holder, as Deang has shown, is from the 1930s.

For those concerned, the inside of the holder is glazed and I do use mine, on my display case, as shown in this desktop image, here with my 112.

Posted Image

Thanks for the info, Rick.. I've seen one of this type in Kuala Lumpur, at one of the old pelikan dealer shop, but in pink colour. The beak was unfortunately broken but glued.
Pens for Sale

Posted Image

#29 daenghafez

daenghafez

exquisite & rare

• Member - Gold

• 1,160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:36

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I've only ever seen the white ones, I do like the big bird bottom right.

Ed, the big green bird is occassionally in the fleabay. I bought one there a few years ago. This ceramic is the biggest of all the pelikan birds I have seen. It was produced by Blue Mountain Pottery of Canada. From one of the past fleabay auctions, it mentioned that the Blue Mountain Pottery has discontinued this ceramic. The Blue Mountain Pottery supplied this ceramic to Pelikan and it is still displayed in the Pelikan showroom in Pelikan HQ here, in one shopping mall which sells Pelikan and in an authorised dealer pen shop in Kuala Lumpur.
Pens for Sale

Posted Image