#1 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:14

This list is all Duofold pens and one pencil. Missing from the list is one flattop Sr. Deluxe in Moderne Black and Pearl. I thought I had photos of it, but I don't. It was made in Canada. It has about average ambering in the barrel and some light ambering in the cap. It's a triple cap band model. Someone, before me, had over polished the nib, so the imprint, where it says "Parker" is almost gone. The nib looks like a flexible Medium, is very smooth writing and is the correct "Deluxe" nib. It has the name "John D. Bailey" attractively engraved on the barrel, in an italic Gothic script. The only brassing is across the top of the ball of the clip. Price is a very conservative $275.00

#1. ca. 1923 Parker Duofold Sr. in black hard rubber. This pen has no discoloration. The milling on the cap end is crisp and raised above the top edge, meaning it is exceptionally crisp! The imprints are crisp, but it looks like it was imprinted a bit lightly, especially on the Lucky Curve banner. There is brassing across the ball of the clip and a bit starting around the bottom edge of the cap band, in places. Overall this is a clean example and one of the nicest BHR Duofolds I have ever had. The nickel plating on the fill button is still in reasonably nice condition. The length is 5 1/2" or 14 cm. The nib is a smooth Fine, bordering on medium.

Price reduced to $475.00 post paid

2. ca. 1930 Parker Duofold Sr. Streamline Deluxe pencil in Moderne Black and Pearl. I cannot detect any discoloration in the plastic. The clip has a speck of brassing on either side of the ball of the clip. It would be a great match to a nice Streamline Sr. pen. It is in good working condition.

Price is further reduced to $125.00 post paid

3. 1928 Duofold Sr. in "Lacquer-red" permanite. It has brassing on the ball of the clip and the barrel imprint is a bit light. The nib and feed are later Vacumatic replacements, as often seen in these older Duofolds. The nib is a smooth writing Fine 14K Vac Arrow. The length is 5 7/16" or 13.9 cm. A classic Duofold!

Price reduced to $325.00 post paid

4. Circa 1932 Parker Duofold Sr. Streamline pen in Moderne Green Pearl and Black. There are only two things about this pen that I might consider flaws. The barrel imprint is light in the center, where it says "Parker Duofold", which is typical, but it appears that it was imprinted shallow in that area, as are many Streamline Duofolds that I have encountered. The single lines of the imprint, on either side, are fully legible. The barrel is a shade darker than the cap, but the color is much better than both of the "Sea Green" Duofold Jr.'s in my collection, and the pen has better than average color. The pen measures 5 1/8 inches capped. The nib is an Extra Fine, marked "Parker Duofold Deluxe". I have installed a silicone ink sac, in hopes of preserving the color of the pen. These are a harder to find color, probably the most difficult to find, next to a prototype color, in the Streamline Duofold line. I have seen less of this color than the Mandarin Yellow
pens.

Price $550.00 post paid in the U.S., I will split the difference on foreign shipping.

5. 1925 - '26 Parker Duofold Sr. in jade green. This is what is referred to as a first year jade green Duofold or a jade Lucky Curve, the barrel imprints on these first green plastic Parkers did not carry the Duofold name.

This pen only has the Lucky Curve banner in the center of the imprint. The other version, which I believe came later, had Parker imprinted in the center of the barrel imprint. The jade green Duofolds were first introduced in April of 1925, I believe, and it was advertised as "Black-tipped Jade". The pen is basically as I received it. I did not polish it, but it appears that the top of the black end piece on the cap has been polished. The color is very good in this pen. I'll explain a little further on. I replaced the ink sac with a silicone sac, so that it could be used, if one desired to do so, and to hopefully preserve the color. The barrel has the name "Bill Hill" engraved in capital block letters. The ball of the clip has some brassing, and there is a very thin line about 4 mm long starting on an area of the lower edge of the cap band. There are a couple of nicks in the back of the cap and a scratch next to one vent hole. It has light surface
scratches here and there, but retains a nice shine, for the most part. The nib also has a short crack between the vent hole and the "R" in the Parker imprint, which many of you know is very common in early Parkers. You can kind of see it in the picture of the nib. I had a difficult time seeing it under magnification, and might not have if I had not been looking for one. Also there is a shallow posting ring on the barrel. The milling on the black hard rubber cap and barrel ends is excellent.

Certain pens that have a higher collectible value, and which are less common, I do not always polish, as I feel it detracts from the desirability certain pieces. This pen happens to fall into that category, in my mind. The nib is a Fine 14K Parker Lucky Curve. The barrel is sort of a mossy green, and the cap is a lighter brighter jade green. The cap does not have perfect color, but it's very good. The barrel is probably the best I've seen in first year jade Parker, in used condition. I'd say about 25% discoloration or maybe a little better than that. Normally when I see these pens they are deep dark brown. I rate the pen to be in I think I am pricing this pen very conservatively, all things considered.

Price reduced to $450.00 post paid

Rules, shipping, etcetera:

The usual rules apply, the person sending the first e-mail on an item
~stating intent to purchase~ gets the item, don't assume an item has
been sold, they don't always sell immediately. I'll give you 3 days
to decide if you like the pen or not. I accept PayPal, check or money
order in USD. All pens will be shipped U.S. Priority Mail with
insurance and delivery confirmation. I ship worldwide, so
international customers are always welcome. I will deduct the price
Of U. S. shipping from international shipping, to help reduce your cost.

Return Policy: I will always allow pens, or other items, to be
returned as long as it is not for a frivolous reason and the item is
Returned in the same condition as when it was shipped from here.
If there should be a problem I would prefer the chance to fix the
problem or replace the item, when and if possible. Otherwise a
full refund will be offered. If you find a problem and choose to
send the item (pen, mechanical pencil, etc.) to someone else to be
corrected, I will not be responsible for any other problems.

All pens have been restored inside and outside, nibs adjusted and
smoothed, when necessary, clips tightened, etc., unless noted otherwise.
I give a lot of attention to minute details on a pen, that some would not notice.
It's just my own obsessive behavior, which is good for you, the
buyer. The pencils have been restored outside, and are in good
working condition unless stated otherwise. The pens are ink tested,
so I know, and you can be assured, that they are actually functioning
properly.

Happy penning!

Michael McNeil

E-mail: michael@northwestpenworks.com

#2 Ondina

Ondina

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:26

Wonderful pens you've got.

#3 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:32

Thank you! Uh... I have been at it awhile, goin' on 22 years. wink.gif

QUOTE (Ondina @ Mar 27 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonderful pens you've got.

#4 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:07

#4. 1932 Parker Duofold Sr. ~SOLD~

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:22

Sigh . . . . .

Moan . . . . .

Sigh . . . . .

THUMP thump . . . THUMP thump . . .

Be still, heart! Remember thy wallet!

#6 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 22:32

#2. 1930 Parker Duofold Sr. pencil ~SOLD~

#7 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:53

Bump!

#8 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2009 - 18:41

Zingo!

#9 dizzypen

dizzypen

Swimming in a sea of Noodler's Navy!

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2009 - 19:35

crybaby.gif
Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

#10 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:06

#3. 1928 Duofold Sr. in "Lacquer-red" ~Sold~

#11 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil