1945 Parker Vacumatic Major -- Black Sold

Price - $90.00

Time Left - 65 Days, 9 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Looking to sell or trade one of my Parker Vacumatics.
  • It's an all-black model with the classic ///\\\///\\\ cap band pattern.
  • No visible brassing.
  • Only light wear on pen; no gouges or cracks in the celluloid.
  • Bind cap lines up very well with the body.
  • Jewel intact and not damaged
  • Imprint is very readable but a tiny bit worn towards the end.
  • Imprint was filled in to demonstrate legibility.
  • No personalisations on cap or body
  • Transparency is a very strong red; light required to see through.
  • Some scratches on inside of barrel
  • Pump functions well.
  • Nib is a rigid fine with lots of tipping material. Has some spring as most gold nibs do but not a flexible nib.
  • Ink capacity of 2.5mL!
  • Newly restored on  August 2014. Replaced improper diaphragm from pervious restorer which caused pump to stick; Holds water, does not leak, dip test writes smoothly and without skipping.
  • Cap band is tight but a little off-venter with the clip.
Great pen to pick up for either display or use. Large ink capacity is great for students!
Shipping is $15 with tracking anywhere in North America. Sorry to anyone overseas but tracked shipping is upwards of $40 and I do not believe it would be worth paying. If you absolutely must have this pen and live in Europe and are willing to pay $40-60 in shipping let me know, I guess.
I would also consider trading the pen for another pen. Ideally a Parker 51 Vac, another Vacumatic, or a Striped duofold vacumatic but I'm open to hearing other offers from other vintage brands.

Update 5 August, 2014: Pump action was a bit sticky so I decided to take it apart and apparently the previous 'restorer' used an OS diaphragm. I have fixed this problem and replaced the improper diaphragm with a brand new standard sized diaphragm on 5 August, 2014. Pump action works even better now. Will not need replacement for years now. Upon disassembly I discovered that the section threads have a chip (the threads that go inside the pen and are not viewable). This causes no problems with section removal or with replacement. No leaking at all. I do not think it would be smart to use a knockout block to remove the nib and feed in the future. New breather tube installed, too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
  • Nib Size XXF / EEF (Extra-Extra Fine)
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Outstanding / Excellent - Well preserved, some signs of use and wear
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From Canada - Ontario
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info