Montblanc 149 Masterpiece Silver Rings For Sale

Price - $1,499.00

Time Left - 117 Days, 1 Hour

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Rare and vintage 1950's Montblanc 149 "Masterpiece" Silver Rings for your kind consideration!

Excellent to mint condition!

No visible flaws or cracks or hairlines as far as my scrutiny is concerned, jut minor signs of use, commensurate with a vintage writing instrument.

The fountain pen has been completely restored and a great writer.

It is in wonderful shape and a very nice and clean example of the early CELLULOID version.

The hard to find original 14C three tone, tapered shoulder nib is indicative of its era, sometime between 1952-59. 

The pen has an ebonite feed. but may not be the correct one for this great legacy of a pen.
Hence, I would be providing the correct ebonite ski-channel feed before despatch - pictures would be shared with you  before despatch.. See the sample picture of the correct feed for this pen - marked in red circle. This is the feed that would be replaced onto the pen.
However, in the event that the replacement cannot be managed, I will provide you a reasonable discount over and above the finalized price!

Other points

Being a MASTERPIECE, it was intended for non German markets.

An authentic "149", the figures heat stamped on the piston filler knob (see detailed pics)
Another heat stamping - "JP"- as is normal for 5hese early Montblancs (not someone's initials, lol)

The ambering of the Montblanc 'star" logo atop the cap is another indicator of the age and authenticity of the pen in question.

Cap is devoid of cracks and screws on smooth and secure.

Cap the attributes which is what the name echoes - 2 fine "Silver Rings" in perfect order, running on both sides of the wide gold band of the cap. 

Both rings and the wide band are SECURELY affixed on the cap and NOT wobbly as may be in cases when the  pen is vintage.

Inscribed on the wide band - MONTBLANC MASTERPIECE.

Gold trims are perfect - no apparent brassing or lack of plating either on clip or cap band. Or at least to the bare eye!

Most importantly, the pen comes COMPLETELY RESTORED and ready for your best ink! Piston will fill the barrel to full capacity. Screw on cap is closes securely.
So, no need to incur any additional expense.

Being vintage, there is no box or paper available please.

However, the pen is guaranteed to be 100% authentic. They do not make it like these any more ;)

Asking price - $1499 shipped internationally. REASONABLE OFFERS WELCOME! I wish to sell this quick so may be able to surprise you...

Trust, me this is an extremely valuable pen to own in such excellent condition, whether you are a collector or simply intend to use!

If genuinely interested, feel free to PM me and speak! Sorts a lot of things that way :)

Payment by Paypal only (Please IM me for Paypal ID)

What you see is what you get!

Thanks for looking!

Regards,
SS

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
  • Nib Size M (Medium)
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Used
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From India
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info