Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
De la Rue launched the Magna as their top-of-the-range pen in 1937 but production was halted in 1940 as factories were switched to war work. Production re-started in 1946 which is the hallmark date on the wide 9ct gold band of this model 1976 in gold lattice celluloid with gold filled clip.
The gold band has the London hallmark together with “375” certifying 9ct gold and “J M & Co.” for Johnson Matthey, the major London metals dealer who De La Rue often used to hallmark their pens.
The barrel imprint is crisp (but difficult to photograph against the transparent lattice):
DE LA RUE & Co Ltd LONDON”
The model number is imprinted on the plunger nob, “1876”.
The big No. 7 platinized 14k nib is a broad point, very smooth and a soft writer with some flex. The pen has the Onoto ink shutoff marked with the arrow on the plunger nob.
A fine example of this iconic pen.
CONDITION: excellent, nice transparency, gold filled clip has some brassing, mainly at the bottom of the clip, good imprints, lovely smooth broad nib, serviced plunger filler.
PRICE: £630, $825, €695 plus postage:
Airmail with tracking; Royal Mail advise that normal airmail shipping to some countries is slow at the moment because of reduced international flights. So I can only ship internationally by courier.
USA, Canada, $35
Asia, Australia, NZ: $35
UK Special Delivery: £8.50
PAYMENT: PayPal please to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size B (Broad)
- Restoration status Professionally Restored - Work carried out by recognized Professional specialist
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Used
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From United Kingdom
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes