Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Now added a better picture of the Urushi design and size comparison with a MB146.
Who is Ishikawa-Kinpen Seisakusho? They were a Tokyo pen company (1928-1985) that produced a number of quality fountain pens and nibs.
This pen in particular is from after 1954 because of the JIS mark on the nib. The R14k trims suggest it being from the 50s, so the estimate date of this pen would be 1954 - 1960.
Not sure of the name of the Urushi technique. Some of it has worn off near the section threads and end of the pen body.
There is a signature engraved on the body of the pen.
R14k clip and cap band, much of it is worn heavily.
14k fine nib.
The rear seal has been replaced with a Viton o-ring by me and works perfectly.
$180 $160. +15 for Canadian buyers. Not shipping elsewhere atm.
Price includes USPS priority shipping and insurance.
Also selling on Reddit if you see this listing on there.
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size EF (Extra Fine)
- Restoration status Restored - Work carried out by non-professional
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Good - Fairly good, moderate to substantial use, some wear, serviceable, relatively clean
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From USA - California
- Shipping To Other or combination(see description)
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes