The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Cartier Diabolo Fountain Pen 18K M Nib - Gold Trim Sold

Price - $280.00

Time Left - 39 Days, 23 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Cartier Diabolo SOLD

Pen is in excellent shape, with minor surface scuffs on body and trim but no major dents or scratches and no personalization. There is minor reddish discoloration on the gold part of the two tone nib where it looks like a red ink has stained it. This staining has faded somewhat with washing over time but is is still visible.

A brand known for luxury watches as much as writing instruments, Cartier pens are rumoured to be manufactured at least in part by Montblanc. This makes sense as the Diabolo takes the Montblanc threaded style converter (or standard cartridges) and seems to have the same feed as a MB 145. This model compares to the MB146 in size and weight, (see photos for size comparison), but is a little more distinct looking in my opinion. Very simple but elegant design, reminds me of a dagger hilt or scepter for some reason, probably the blue cabouchon on the cap top. I like this detail that Cartier uses as it's what they put on the crowns of their famous watches, too. The finish overall is top notch and the resin used here is great. It's a bit softer/warmer than MB resin... feels less brittle and is nice to the touch, and the body and cap are nice and thick, too, giving a substantial feel in hand.

Lovely 18k medium nib writes on the fine side of medium but with good flow, a distinct character and a bit of softness to it... nice bounce.

Overall a great pen, sadly no longer made. I'm selling this one because I have another one with matching ballpoint, plus the mini version of the FP, too. Definitely a model with a permanent place in my collection!

Price is $395 CAD shipped in North America. This roughly equates to $280 USD, but funds are payable through PayPal or etransfer in CAD. Comes in the classic red Cartier box, but unfortunately I don't have the papers or converter to include. Thanks!

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
  • Nib Size M (Medium)
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Outstanding / Excellent - Well preserved, some signs of use and wear
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From Canada - Ontario
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info