Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
For sale is an immaculate tortoiseshell Pelikan M400, with a single colour 14ct gold Medium nib, from the 1990s.
With the exception of a few micro scratches on the barrel where the cap fits, this pen is in superb condition.
The piston action is as smooth as any Pelikan you can buy today and the tortoise pattern is bright, with perfect ink visibility. The feed is of the period, i.e the modern comb style you see today.
The 14ct nib is really responsive and the medium point is a true western size, if ground a little stub-like, as you can see from the writing sample. I do not think the stubby nature of the point is down to wear, I believe it came out of the factory this way.
All in all, a superb writer for any user or collector, and in the famous tortoiseshell pattern too. I am selling as part of an ongoing 'thinning out' of my collection. I'm sure it will go to an appreciative home.
I'd like to offer this pen for £125 sterling, plus postage (Please PM me to arrange shipping or if you have any queries).
Thank you for your interest!
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size M (Medium)
- Restoration status Restored - Work carried out by non-professional
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Near Mint - Inked, very minor wear (micro scratches)
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From United Kingdom
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes