FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Up for sale a Platinum Izumo Urushi Ironwood Gloss fountain pen (L=163mm overall). Standard model purchased new in Singapore (at Aesthetic Bay store). Also known as the #21 Bombay Wood Tagayasan. Ironwood properties include significant material density but also hardness. Finished it to a high gloss with resin. Platinum President Two-Tone gold nib ‘M’, the filling system is cartridge/converter. The closing system is screw-on. No case, no papers, kimono case is sound and beautiful.
I got repatriated back to Europe (from Singapore) and sadly the box is available but at the moment it is still with all my repatriation belongings. As it seems there may be another international relocation in the months to come, so the box set of this pen cannot be retrieved at this stage. Therefore I have adjusted the price accordingly. If you wish I will be more than glad to ship the box to you at a later stage (no extra cost of course), once I get settled again for good in my next assignment location.
I acquired this pen, together with many others, over the course of ten years during which work took me from North Europe to South Korea and then Singapore (2008-2018).
The condition of the pen is like new. The nib performs exceptionally, no issues whatsoever. It has been cared for very well, always kept in containers with desiccants for humidity regulation. At my apartment in Singapore I also had three dehumidifiers in order to keep all hobby equipment in perfect order.
Due to work practicalities (I visit ships and shipyards often) I do not use fountain pens much for some years now and have no further interest in retaining a small collection. I will keep three or four pens from those I possess but the rest will gradually have to go. I wholeheartedly wish for those who purchase them to enjoy them.
I have been very active since late ‘00s in many other forums, but mainly in U.K./U.S. wet shaving forums from December 2009 I did have extremely strong presence with hundreds of sales and trades conducted. Therefore I can be very specific if needs to be, with solid references.
If more pictures are needed, or if there is any other question, please do send me a message and I will get back to you shortly. I am at present located in Athens, Greece and therefore I ship from this end with Registered/tracked Post Office service.
$380 $330 now, includes tracked shipping; PayPal.
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model No, not a pen, N/A
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size M (Medium)
- Restoration status Not Applicable - Not a pen
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Used
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From Greece
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes