The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Nakaya Cigar In Aka-Tamenuri Sold

Price - $480.00

Time Left - 52 Days, 13 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

**SOLD** thank you.
Mods please correct me if I am wrong in modifying this now that it is sold. Thanks FPN.

Up for sale a wonderful Nakaya Cigar (L=149mm overall), in ebonite with hand-applied urushi lacquer and in Aka-Tamenuri color. The nib is 14K gold, the filling system is cartridge/converter, and the closing system is screw-on. Original kimono available.

I got repatriated back to Europe (from Singapore) and sadly the box is available but at the moment it is still with all my repatriation belongings. As it seems there may be another international relocation in the months to come, so the box set of this pen (pawlonia wood and rice paper) cannot be retrieved at this stage. Therefore I have adjusted the price accordingly. If you wish I will be more than glad to ship the box to you at a later stage (no extra cost of course), once I get settled again for good in my next location.

I acquired this pen, together with many others, over the course of ten years during which work took me from North Europe to South Korea and then Singapore. This particular pen was purchased new in Singapore back in 2014. The store from which this was purchased was “Aesthetic Bay” in ION Orchard, Singapore.

The condition of the pen and nib is truly immaculate. I have used it very little, and it has been cared for very well, always kept in containers with desiccants for humidity regulation. At my apartment in Singapore I also had three dehumidifiers in order to keep all hobby equipment in perfect order.

Due to work practicalities (I visit ships and shipyards often) I do not use fountain pens much for some years now and have no further interest in retaining a small collection. I will keep three or four pens from those I possess but the rest will gradually have to go. I wholeheartedly wish for those who purchase them to enjoy them.

I have been very active since late ‘00s in many other forums, but mainly in U.K./U.S. wet shaving forums from December 2009 I did have extremely strong presence with hundreds of sales and trades conducted. Therefore I can be very specific if needs to be, with solid references.

If more pictures are needed, or if there is any other question, please do send me a message and I will get back to you shortly. I am at present located in Athens, Greece and therefore I ship from this end with Registered/tracked Post Office service.

Asking U.S. $480, includes shipping; PayPal.

More photos here.

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model No, not a pen, N/A
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
  • Nib Size M (Medium)
  • Restoration status Not Applicable - Not a pen

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Used
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From Greece
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info