FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
For sale is a very gently used Shinola Runwell Contrast 47 MM Chronograph Watch.
This now discontinued model was promoted by Shinola as “our most complex Detroit-built watch to date.” It is a large and rather muscular watch featuring a commanding dial with three sub-dials and date indicator, powered by the Detroit-built Argonite 5030 high-accuracy quartz movement. Additional premium components include a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, stainless steel case and grey leather NATO watch strap.
I bought this piece for my then 21 year-old son whom, as it turned out, prefers smaller watches. I’ve worn it on a few occasions, but for most of the last 5 years its been sitting in my desk drawer. The watch is in very good ++ to excellent condition. The crystal is unblemished. The stainless steel case has very light, almost imperceptible scuffs. I just installed a new battery.
Shinola describes this chronograph’s features as follows:
- CASE: 47 mm wide stainless steel with double curve sapphire crystal.
- DIAL: Brown gray Super-LumiNova hands and indices.
- FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, remote sweep second date indicator, stopwatch function with two sub-dials.
- MOVEMENT: Shinola Detroit-built Argonite 5030 high-accuracy quartz movement, hand assembled from 83 Swiss-made components.
- STRAP: 270 mm x 24 mm Premium American-made leather NATO strap made by Hadley-Roma in Largo Florida. 24 mm buckle.
Please see the attached pictures for more details. Two of the images are (obviously) mine. In one, a Pelikan M800 pen and a golf ball are provided to give you a sense of the size of this watch. I reproduced one image from the interweb because it accurately depicts this exact model and band.
When new this watch retailed for $775. I am offering it for $375 plus shipping in the CONUS.
Please message me if you have any questions.
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model No, not a pen, N/A
- LE and/or Serial Number Info Not a pen, N/A
- Nib Size Not a fountain pen
- Restoration status Not Applicable - Not a pen
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Not Applicable - Not a pen
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From USA - California
- Shipping To USA, continental
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes