The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Shinola Runwell Contrast 47 Mm Chronograph. For Sale

Price - $375.00

Time Left - 7 Days, 7 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

For sale is a very gently used Shinola Runwell Contrast 47 MM Chronograph Watch.  

This now discontinued model was promoted by Shinola as “our most complex Detroit-built watch to date.”  It is a large and rather muscular watch featuring a commanding dial with three sub-dials and date indicator, powered by the Detroit-built Argonite 5030 high-accuracy quartz movement. Additional premium components include a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, stainless steel case and grey leather NATO watch strap.

I bought this piece for my then 21 year-old son whom, as it turned out, prefers smaller watches.  I’ve worn it on a few occasions, but for most of the last 5 years its been sitting in my desk drawer.  The watch is in very good ++ to excellent condition.  The crystal is unblemished.  The stainless steel case has very light, almost imperceptible scuffs.  I just installed a new battery.

Shinola describes this chronograph’s features as follows:

• CASE: 47 mm wide stainless steel with double curve sapphire crystal.
  • DIAL: Brown gray Super-LumiNova hands and indices.
  • FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, remote sweep second date indicator, stopwatch function with two sub-dials.
  • MOVEMENT: Shinola Detroit-built Argonite 5030 high-accuracy quartz movement, hand assembled from 83 Swiss-made components.
  • STRAP: 270 mm x 24 mm Premium American-made leather NATO strap made by Hadley-Roma in Largo Florida.  24 mm buckle.
The chronograph will be shipped in an all-wood Shinola box and Shinola red leather slip case. 

Please see the attached pictures for more details. Two of the images are (obviously) mine.  In one, a Pelikan M800 pen and a golf ball are provided to give you a sense of the size of this watch.  I reproduced one image from the interweb because it accurately depicts this exact model and band.

When new this watch retailed for $775.  I am offering it for $375 plus shipping in the CONUS.

Please message me if you have any questions. 

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model No, not a pen, N/A
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info Not a pen, N/A
  • Nib Size Not a fountain pen
  • Restoration status Not Applicable - Not a pen

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Not Applicable - Not a pen
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From USA - California
  • Shipping To USA, continental

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info