FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Up for sale is a Celluloid Montblanc 146 fountain pen fitted with a 14C Oblique Fine (OF) nib.
A rare opportunity to own a remarkable Montblanc with the iconic telescopic piston filling mechanism and the original two-tone gold nib.
The pen is in perfect working condition as it has been serviced in 2018 by vintage Montblanc expert Francis, also known as Fountainbel. Francis performed a complete overhaul, including complete disassembling, ultrasonic rinsing, cleaning and greasing the telescopic system and adding a new cork. He told me the the following after he finished repairs: "The sleeve “7” was cracked , made and installed a brass reinforcement bushing." I would like to thank him once again for his efforts.
- Two-tone 14 C OF (Oblique-Fine) nib.
- Ebonite feed, keeps up very well with the nib.
- Ambered striped ink window without ink residue.
- Telescopic piston filling mechanism that works flawlessly, fills the pen with ease to its maximum ink capacity.
- Rings show no loss of gold plating.
- Cap appears to be resin (lacking the vent holes as well) which would suggest it might be a transitional pen from the 1960s (no expert here).
- No cracks, no dents, please check the photos.
- Flaws: microscratches all over the pen, the barrel's black coating is worn, so the barrel became transparent (quite common on these pens), overall the pen is in good cosmetic condition but definitely has some sings of use.
No box or papers.
I tried my very best to make decent photos and video of the pen, Please check them as they are part of this offer and are the best way to describe the pen.
$ 655 $545 plus shipping (worldwide registered shipping with tracking number /signed for/ USD8 - insurance at cost if needed).
Paypal is accepted.
As always, I am open to hear reasonable offers.
I will ship within 24 hours after payment is received.
First email/PM with the message 'I want it!' gets the pen. Feel free to ask questions or make an offer but be aware that those do not reserve the pen.
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size F (Fine)
- Restoration status Professionally Restored - Work carried out by recognized Professional specialist
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Used
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From Hungary
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes