FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
For sale I offer three vintage Montblanc pens from the late 1950's, all in great condition.
Back in 2010 I was at the peak of my interest for fountain pens, but was still uncertain about which direction it would take me. So for a short period of time I flirted with vintage Montblanc pens, mostly because of their beautiful celluloid, exceptional construction and those wonderful and imposing 14c gold nibs.
After much research, I decided to start my collection by acquiring all the Montblanc "14x" from the 1950's (except for the 149 which I never found in the condition and price that I would be happy with).
All these 3 pens were bought from Mr. Wolfgang Alda, who was a notorious dealer for vintage Montblanc and Pelikan pens based in Dortmund, Germany. I bought them in the period of only a few months, not at the same time, and they were all sent to me in great condition, with no major signs of use, and in perfect working order. I never really bothered filling any of these pens with ink, because I would be happy by simply dipping them in a bottle of some nice ink and then doodle some random words on paper to admire those beautiful flexible nibs making lines of variable width and shades of colours. Unfortunately not long after this, I slowly lost my interest for fountain pens (yes, shame shame shame), cleaned everything and put these pens back to my cabinet.
Fast forward almost 9 years, now I want to send these pens to someone who can truly admire and use them.
The 146 is in great condition, with minor signs of use, but the ink window has darkened. The gold cap ring is loose, but this is common for these pens as the celluloid shrinks a bit over time. It comes with the OB (Oblique Broad) 14c gold nib, semi-flexible and perfect ink flow - at least that's what I have in my written notes from 2010, as I haven't tested these pens since then.
The 144G is also in great condition, and the ink window still very visible. It comes with the OBB (Oblique Double Broad) 14c gold nib which is flexible and has a generous ink flow. Here is a writing sample from July 2010 (yes, I'm very organised with my pictures ) comparing it to the Visconti Stub 1.3mm nib:
The 142G is the sibling of the 144G, being in the same great condition and sporting a similar nib, just the ink flow is a bit more moderate.
And here just some gratuitous ink porn (this is Montblanc Burgundy Red by the way) showing what the OBB nib can do:
I would like to sell these 3 pens together for US$1300 (shipping included for any country in the world), and to sweeten the deal I will also include this nice 3-pen leather case:
Thanks for looking.
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size OBB (Oblique Double Broad)
- Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Very good - Well preserved, moderate use and wear, otherwise clean
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From Brazil
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes