The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Rare Vintage Platinum Bonita 14K For Sale

Price - $100.00

Time Left - 88 Days, 23 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

I can't confirm for sure, but I have read in several places that these 1970's aluminum pens were factory coated in urushi. This is a clean example of the breed, with a lovely deep red/copper color, and nary a scuff beyond some minor pitting on the clip. No brassing and nary a scuff. Looks great up close 

The tight and lovely slip cap reveals a large (for how dainty the pen is, the nib looks huge) 14k EF/F nib and a dark red section that was disassembled, polished, and given a thin coat of wax. The nib was removed and polished. The pen is superbly balanced, usable posted or not, and writes like a dream. it's a wet, smooth, bouncy line that will write a japanese EF with light pressure and an F with a slightly heavier hand. The reverse is very usable and throws down a smooth needlepoint UEF.

Takes standard platinum cartridges and converters. I'll throw in one black or blue cartridge, or if you want, a random colored one.

This would be a fair collection piece or a beast of an everyday pen. It does not seem to dry out (left it inked for one week and it started immediately) and the ultralight, metal body and hinged clip, slip cap, and perfect japanese 14k nib are pretty magical. 

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
  • Nib Size EF (Extra Fine)
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Outstanding / Excellent - Well preserved, some signs of use and wear
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From USA - Washington
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info