FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
I’m selling what can only be considered as one of Montblancs most sought after vintage pens, the MONTBLANC L139G.
Manufactured around the early 1940’s ? this particular pen features
Long ink window which displays wonderful clarity.
Rare Palladium nib, writing closer to a fine than a medium and having a nice line variation to it.
Nib is supported by the original ski slope flat ebonite feed; both nib and feed are in excellent condition.
All gold fittings are in good condition and show a small amount of brassing commensurate with the age of the pen.
2 stage Telescopic piston working smoothly plus new cork seal fitted by Francis Gossens
The pen was recently handed over to Francis Goossens (aka Fountainbel) for 2 minor repairs, firstly, over time the MB star had shrunk causing it to come loose, upon which Francis has fitted a new casein star returning it back to like new condition and the second repair was a hairline crack to the end of the barrel which Francis has repaired by chemical fusion.
Francis has confirmed the process has secured the crack and that he was happy with the outcome.
This pen is unique in that it has a cap crown with a recess on its top edge. This is NOT an aftermarket crown; Francis upon fitting the casein star has confirmed the cap crown to be 100% original and describes it as an early version. I have provided a schematic drawing done by Francis which shows the differences between an “Early” and ‘Late” versions and their respective internal construction.
This is a rare and beautiful pen, make it yours!!!
Asking price $3500 postage included.
Paypal is the preferred payment.
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size F (Fine)
- Restoration status Professionally Restored - Work carried out by recognized Professional specialist
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Used
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From Australia
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes