FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
The Namiki Emperor Chinkin Hawk edition is sold out. It is one of the finest – arguably the finest - of the Namiki Chinkin collection.
I am offering this mint pen for about half the retail price. (There is one for sale on eBay at $15,000, £11,700.
The No. 12 Namiki 18k nib is a medium point, similar to a fine point for US and European pen makers. The pen is an eyedrop filler, in common with the Emperor collections and an eyedropper is included in the case, which also comes with a special edition bottle of ink and documents, including the certificate with the artist’s signature, which is also on the barrel of the pen.
The artist who engraved and inlaid the design is Shouji Michikami. Chinkin is a technique which does not allow for mistakes, because the engraving has to be perfect, and so it requires long experience and outstanding skill; “Chinkin is the ultimate supreme technique”.
From the Pilot-Namiki Website:
The Chinkin Collection is made up of fountain pens which use “Chinkin (Gold Inlay)”, one of lacquer ware techniques
that Japan boasts to the world on a par with Maki-e. Motifs are carved into the lacquered surface with special chisels,
and after inlaying lacquer in the grooves, placing gold leaves and gold powder gives the pattern expression.
The delicate and fine depiction and three-dimensional aspect overflowing with a strong power
of expression are the special characteristics of this collection.
Since Chinkin is a carving technique, there is no room for mistakes. Every single carve is a true challenge in the sense of the word.
Condition: mint, never inked and complete with all the documents and boxes.
Price: $5950, £4575, €5175 including shipping.
Payment: bank transfer or PayPal please to email@example.com
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size M (Medium)
- Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new
Shipping & Handling
- Condition New In Box - Current model pen, never used
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From United Kingdom
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes