The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Montegrappa Special Reserve Limited Edition Complete Package For Sale

Price - $700.00

Time Left - 64 Days, 9 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

$700 Canadian

This is an Italian made sterling silver Special Reserve 1996 fountain pen by Montegrappa.  Pen is new in the box. This is a limited edition of only 2388 pieces and this one is number 2126.

The silver cap and barrel are engraved with a vine branch in low relief, and has a threaded cap.  The piston knob is covered with a red celluloid blind cap that screws down.

The 18kt two toned rhodium plated gold nib is a medium point. The feed is hand turned ebonite.

A bottle of Montegrappa ink is included and has not been opened.

Comes with an original wooden case, and booklets.  A complete collectors set that has never been inked or used.

Please note: the nib has a slight V shape when on top of the feed but has no issue when off the feed.  I believe the feed was not properly shaped and is causing the V shape.

While cleaning the nib of fingerprints I saw that outside of sunlight it's clear there is some plate loss on the upper engravings and very light surface scratches on the left tine that are visible with a 12x loupe and LED light.

It's clear this nib was manipulated before I got it so I cannot in good conscious list it as mint unused condition.  The pen has never been used or inked but the nib is not in pristine condition.

Please take this into consideration if you'd like to make an offer.

If anyone is just interested in the pen without the box and extras I can do that as well.

Local cash pick up is available

Shipping:

Canada and USA tracked shipping included
Worldwide $25 tracked shipping

To buy this pen, or ask questions, please email:

whatdoesyourwatchsay@gmail.com

Please click on the link to be taken to the full size images:

https://paulspenscanada.blogspot.com/2018/11/montegrappa-special-reserve-limited.html

Posted Image

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info Serial number info added
  • Nib Size M (Medium)
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition New In Box - Current model pen, never used
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From Canada - Ontario
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info