The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Nakayas - Two Rare Long Piccolos For Sale

Price - $2,145.00

Time Left - 85 Days, 4 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are two Nakayas in the extremely hard to find Long Piccolo shape, for sale individually.  Long Piccolos are exclusive to only one retailer in the world (located in Singapore) so are not often seen in the US.  Best of all, one is a long discontinued finish that is no longer available anywhere in the world!  It pains me to sell these rare pieces, but I already had too many Nakayas and bought five more at the DC Show.  My credit card bill says something has to change!

Posted Image

Let's start with the Long Piccolo Chingin Housoge.  Chingin is a time honored hand engraved technique that is perfect for the sizable dimensions of the Long Piccolo.  The color changes depending on lighting, and looks rather blue-gray in dimmer light but appears green in brighter light.  It is absolutely mesmerizing to watch it change appearance in different settings. 

The pen features a 14K gold Broad Stub nib which writes beautifully.  Like all Nakayas, it is cartridge converter filled.  The pen has been lightly used and of course is complete with pawlonia wood inner box, kimono, and cartridges.  Only the paper outer box is missing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

$1295 includes shipping within US.

Shipment outside US may be available at cost.  Please inquire.

Email:  whichwatch at roadrunner dot com

Second up is another Long Piccolo, this one in the long ago discontinued Misu Iro (Water Blue) color.  This was replaced by the current Ama Iro (Sky Blue), but the Misu Iro is another chameleon whose color is affected by its surroundings.  I find it a more subdued light blue with hints of gray and green.  One of the pictures I have included below shows the pen between a Kikyo (medium blue) and a Midori (dark green).  To me, the pen in person is a bit less bright than on my monitor in these pictures. 

The cartridge converter filled Misu Iro features a 14K gold Broad Stub nib that was ground by Yoshidosan at Nakaya.  The pen has been lightly used and of course is complete with pawlonia wood inner box, kimono, and cartridges.  Only the paper outer box is missing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

$850 includes shipping within US.

Shipment outside US may be available at cost.  Please inquire.

Email:  whichwatch at roadrunner dot com

As I mentioned, something in my collection of Nakayas has got to give.  I suppose several somethings ought to give.  If the two above don't tickle your fancy, perhaps you'll see something else below that you'd prefer, which would allow me to keep the rare Long Piccolos.  If so, email whichwatch at roadrunner dot com

Posted Image

Posted Image

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
  • Nib Size B (Broad)
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Outstanding / Excellent - Well preserved, some signs of use and wear
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From USA - Ohio
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info