FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
MONTBLANC No 4 in Octogonal Solid Gold 585 version over BHR
SAFETY FOUNTAIN PEN
Period of production between 1924-1929
This is one of the rarest pens, I have found so far. The wonderfully Montblanc octogonal 585 Gold version signed by Sarastro are among the most sought after pens.
It is made from Black Hard Rubber (BHR) with solid gold overlay.
8 sided, barleycorn with rhomboid pattern.
Cap imprints : Beside the hallmarks for the 585 Gold version there is the "S", showing that this pen is made from the Goldsmith Sarastro.
Name of the previous owner engraved on the cap.
Blind cap marked #4-F
Big Montblanc top white cap star with pin.
4 vents holes on the cap.
Montblanc 14 C Montblanc 585 round hole nib.
Length is 11,5 cm (4.53 inches) when cap is closed.
Filling mechanism: Safety filler
The overall condition of the pen is excellent, with some light traces of use due to the age. The Solid Gold overlay carries small light impacts, most of them located on the barrel (see pictures). The safety mechanism works. Pen will probably need a new rubber seal.
Wallrafen, Stefan & Jens Rösler. Collectible Stars I: Montblanc 1908-1947. [Koln: 2004], pp. 66-67, where a #4 safety silver 8 sided, barleycorn with rhomboid pattern is depicted (scarcity rating of 11 on a 12-point scale).
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size F (Fine)
- Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Outstanding / Excellent - Well preserved, some signs of use and wear
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From France
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes