FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Lamy Safari Umbra (black matte) with steel ground nib to XF (Germany)
The pen by designer Wolfgang Fabian, a cylindrical shape made of ABS plastic, matte black. The cap is on the latch and has a clip in the form of a paper clip. The filling system is cartridge (E10) or converter (Z28). For monitoring the ink in the body made through an oval hole. Grip - anatomical, which contributes to the correct position of the hand.
On the barrel and converter the name of the company is "LAMY". At the end of the barrel is text "Germany". The body is very high quality and wear-resistant.
Nib: the nib is steel, covered with black lacquer under the general style of the instrument. The nib has imprint is only firm and size of line: F LAMY. The nib is an ordinary, hard, pushing up slightly more flow ink. The original nib wrote wetly, widely and with tangible feedback, the reverse side some scratched. The nib is easily removed and put back on, which is convenient when replacing the nib to other size nibs.
The dimensions of the tool: 140 mm long in the folded state, 130 mm without the cap, 12.4 mm is diameter of body, and 11.3 mm in the grip. The total weight with a converter is 18 grams, without the cap - 10 gr.
The nib was ground to smaller size.
After the modification, the tool was tested in text and sketch.
The thickness of the ordinary line is a 0.25mm (was 0.4mm of the original nib), the back side is about 0.2mm. The pen is very smooth with both sides.
As a result:
a practical pen, light, with an anatomical grip and thin smoothly line, a converter in the kit and the possibility of using cartridges, made of high-quality, matte, rough ABS plastic. Complete with packaging. From the factory you can't buy such a thin and smooth nib, so do not give up the chance.
(few pictures by the modify):
This is how the pen was written "before" and "after" :
The first line is the original pen, the second one is a ground, the third, finally tuned. The slide is excellent, there are no omissions. There remains a small feedback that depends on the ink and paper.
About shipping: Free worldwide shipping as registered airmail with tracknumber.
About payment: I accept payment through Payoneer(www.payoneer.com) with any payment cards (through Payoneer system) without any additional fees. (ask me personal invoice)
If you need additional info or photo, just write to me.
ps: The delivery time from Ukraine to US\Europe as usually about 2 weeks.
pss: ordinary writing, video here:
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size XXF / EEF (Extra-Extra Fine)
- Restoration status Not Applicable - Not a pen
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Near Mint - Inked, very minor wear (micro scratches)
- Payment Visa/Mastercard/etc.
- Shipping From Ukraine
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes