The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

This One Hurts - Goodbye Taccia For Sale

Price - $90.00

Time Left - 80 Days, 10 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

This one hurts.
Many of us collectors have been there on occasion. Age and/or focus makes us realize that we have pens that are not being used, or are just sitting in their case, not only unused, but under-appreciated.  And so we consider trading or selling those pens. For me both age and trying to focus my collection brought me to where I need to pare down some.  But this one really does hurt.  These pens are just so nice, I hate to let them go.  But….
Taccia is relatively new in the market, but their pens are of remarkable quality IMO.  I bought a number of Taccia pens years ago when they first appeared.  I’m keeping my two favorites, a Staccato and a Momenta, each with a Binder stub, but the eight pens below I am making available to collectors/users who I hope will enjoy them.  These pens are way too nice to sit in a case unviewed and/or unused.  These pens are from Taccia’s earlier days, and have been out of production some time now.  The quality of the acrylic in the pens is amazing, and their nibs are very smooth.  I really hesitated about selling these pens, but

With the exception of pen #8, these are all large size pens.  All pens are in near mint or better condition, having been inked only once, although I’m pretty sure the brown Staccato (# 6) was never inked.  Each nib & section has been thoroughly cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner, and each pen will be carefully packed and shipped USPS Priority, fully insured.  Shipping charges are CONUS only.  Regrettably, I did not save the boxes for these pens…I never really thought I would be selling them.
I would prefer to sell these pens individually so each goes to a home where it will be appreciated on a regular basis.  But if someone is interested in more than one pen, I’m willing to consider it.

TACCIA MOMENTA:  The Momenta is a very handsome pen that is just a very, very nice writing instrument.  The body and the cap are composed of a unique, six-sided swirl design that feels ergonomically perfect in the hand.  At 5 inches long uncapped, it is a very comfortable pen to use.  It also posts nicely if you prefer to write that way. In addition to the beautiful acrylics of the barrel and cap, the Momenta has attractive furniture that offsets the acrylic quite nicely, and each pen has an attractive inscribed end cap.  Finally, the section color matches the barrel and cap acrylic, setting off a visually beautiful pen.  Each Momenta is C/C fill.

Pen #1:  Brown Swirl Momenta, monotone F nib.  $90.  Shipping $7.50
Pen #2:  Solid black Momenta,  monotone M nib.   $90.  Shipping $7.50
Pen #3:  Maroon Swirl Momenta:  two-tone F nib.  $75  Shipping $7.50.  This is the only pen of the eight that I did not purchase new, but rather from another collector.  It is equipped with a mini converter, rather than standard converter.

TACCIA STACCATOALL (pens 4, 5 &6 ) SOLD The Staccato is another beautifully designed pen from Taccia.  At 5 3/8 inches uncapped and 0.53 inch diameter sits well in your hand and, like the Momenta, has quality built into it.  The acrylic body, cap and matching section are composed of beautiful, deep resin.  Each cap has three well-made cap rings and each pen has both a cap and end jewel made of matching acrylic to the pen body and cap.  I bought all three of these Staccato pens from Richard Binder, and the nibs of course were Binderized. Despite its size, the Staccato, like the Momenta is well balanced.

Pen #4:  Starry Night Staccato Fountain Pen, 18K two-tone Binderized F nib   $160.  Shipping $8.25.
Pen #5:  Starry Night Staccato Rollerball, matches above FP.  $45.  Shipping $7.00.  Matching set Pen Nos. 4 & 5 $201 total, shipped CONUS.
Pen #6:  Staccato Fountain Pen, 18K monotone, Binderized F nib.  $180. Shipping $9.00.
I’m not sure of the color name of this Staccato.  It may have been a custom color that Richard used.  It is a very pleasing swirl mix of light and dark browns.  The pen barrel is embossed “RICHARD BINDER  FOUNTAIN PENS NASHUA N.H. USA”  And of course it is totally unblemished as I don’t believe I even inked this pen.  I won’t be upset if this pen doesn’t sell.

Pen #7:  TACCIA PREMIERE SOLD  The Big Kahuna at almost 6 inches capped, 5-1/4 inches uncapped and 6/10 of an inch in diameter, the Premiere is a large and hefty pen.  Unposted, it is a very comfortable writer. You can post it, but the amount of beautiful metal detail in the cap band makes it pretty top heavy.  It sports a wonderful F nib with detailing on the nib that really sets off the pen.  Like the other Taccia pens, this one has a resin with beautiful depth and luster, in this case the barrel and section are made of an attractive amethyst and grey check pattern.  The cap end has a nicely detailed Taccia logo. $160 plus $8.25 shipping.

Pen #8: SOLD   At the other end of the size scale (sort of) is this moderately sized Taccia.  I don’t remember the name of this pen, but it is a rather elegant pen made of a claret-like resin.  Like the other pens above, wonderful quality, great attention to detail, matching section color and end jewels.  Equipped with a very smooth F nib and just an overall wonderful pen to write with posted or unposted, or just admire its looks. Capped length 5 ½ inches, uncapped 5 inches, posted 6 ¼ inches and ½ inch diameter.  $  81 plus $7.50 shipping.

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
  • Nib Size Other(s), see description
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Mint - Unused, not inked, no visible flaws, almost like new
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From USA - North Carolina
  • Shipping To USA, continental

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info