FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
In order to fund other vintage ventures, up for sale is this MB safety 01 faceted.
The pen is in good condition for its age (90 years old aprox) and in working condition. A description from cap top to turning knob :-)
1. Caseine star: is complete, but it looks as old caseine looks: brittle and granulose. It is NOT brittle at all, is pretty solid, but it looks like that. Is normal in caseine this age.
2. Cap. It bears the inscription Mont Blanc with the mountain in between. The inscription is clear and neat. BUT PLEASE NOTE that the cap has a hairline crack, totally stable, in the lid. It doesn´t affect function, it doesn`t leak. NOTE that the cap seems to have been shortened, perhaps as a result of a more serious crack: the cap on these pens usually goes up to the faceted body.
3. Nib. Original. It writes rather F or EF. Just a little flex, not much.
4. Feed. Original, perfectly working.
5. Body, godd condition, good threads, some marks in the rear. It is obviously not new.
6. Corks and seal have been replaced by an expert in Barcelona.
The pen is in working condition, it retains inks as it shlould, the nib retracts prefectly. No leaks when writing and not leaks when capped.
The ebonite is black and sniny for tye most part, there is no brownish ends or spots.
Perhaps not a full collector's piece because the cap has been shortnede, but all in all a very nice pice for those wanting to try a 90 year ols safety MB pen.
It was bought at a renowned shop in Barcelona April this year. If the new owner wnts the invoice, it will go with the pen.
275 250 225 175 USD. That includes Paypal fees and shipping (registered spanish post with tracking, uninsured)
Contact by PM. Cheers!
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size F (Fine)
- Restoration status Professionally Restored - Work carried out by recognized Professional specialist
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Extra Fine - Excellent but weaker detail (see description)
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From Spain
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes