FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Up for sale is a celluloid Montblanc 146 fountain pen in good working condition.
A great opportunity to own a vintage Montblanc fountain pen from the Meisterstück series with the iconic telescopic piston and the original wet and smooth two-tone 14C OF (Oblique Fine) nib.
I try to describe the pen as thoroughly as I can but please keep in mind that I am not an expert.
The pen is in good working condition: its piston runs smooth, fills the pen with ease to maximum ink capacity.
Nib is a springy left-footed Oblique Fine nib which in reality writes more like a Medium nib.
The nib is capable of laying down a fair amount of ink, I would say it tipically belongs to the wet category.
The feed is made of ebonite and is rounded with full length grooves. This layout refers to the second part of the 1950's.
Transparent amber colour barrel with some signs of use.
The pen's cap shows that this pen might be a transitional pen: it belongs to the later years of the celluloid era where new resin parts were introduced. The pen's snowcap is made of celluloid but the bigger part of the cap is made of resin (I guess this setup allowed Montblanc factory to solve the common cap lid crack problems the celluloid pens suffered from). This pen is free of cracks.
Flaws: due to posting the cap onto the barrel frequently, the barrel's celluoid material has shrunk a little at the area where the cap posts onto the barrel and now the cap can not be posted securely. It posts but not 100% secure. Slight loss of gold plating on the edge of the clip. Otherwise the pen is in good working condition.
No box or papers.
I tried my very best to make decent photos and video of the pen, Please check them as they are part of this offer and are the best way to describe the pen.
$640 $620 $570 $520 plus shipping (worldwide registered shipping with tracking number /signed for/ USD8 + insurance - insurance is highly recommended).
Paypal, skrill payment - either one is fine with me.
As always, I am open to hear reasonable offers.
I will ship within 24 hours after payment is received.
First email/PM with the message 'I want it!' gets the pen. Feel free to ask questions or make an offer but be aware that those do not reserve the pen.
Further item information (esp. Pens)
- Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
- LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
- Nib Size Other(s), see description
- Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new
Shipping & Handling
- Condition Used
- Payment PayPal
- Shipping From Hungary
- Shipping To World
General rules and conditions
- Conditions & Rules Yes