The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Nos Omas Arte Italia Paragon Wood Collection For Sale

Price - $625.00

Time Left - 15 Days, 16 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

New old stock. 18k fine or medium nib. Truly fabulous pen. Larger than modern Milord, close to modern paragon in size. 
The whole collection has four variants: black ebony, (cocobolo?), rose ebony, and olive wood. But I am only selling the Olive wood version for now.The olive wood tend to darken with time
Each pen has a unique pattern, so that I do not mind keeping all of them in my collection. However, it is a shame that they are not get used. So I am going to sell a few of the olive wood version. Only fine or medium nib available. 

There are some interesting attributes about this collection:
1. As far as I know, it is the only wood collection that produced in the modern 12-sided shape (older Columbus II and  a couple of variants in the precious wood collection are in the old-style paragon size),
2. This version has 925 silver section (I know many don't like metal section, but it is an advantage that the ink won't stain the section as the older wood collection does),

3. I don't know which wood triggers the export restriction. ebay does not allow me to sell them internationally. 

With pen sleeve and Omas box that show significant shelf wear. Some materials may have peeled off.

I ask for $680  $625CONUS shipping inclusive. International shipping to be quoted. 

The following is quoted from omas website:
"Harmonious shapes, trim in solid silver, elegant and contemporary design renew the OMAS’ institutional style of the Arte Italiana Milord Collection. One of OMAS’ bigger values is to craft the finest and most precious materials to create its pens as Olive wood from Mediterranean Area. 
The Olive Tree wood is very hard and nodose, for these reasons it is extremely difficult to work. Its workmanship needs an high knowledge of its distinctive features and long time. 
It has a characteristic decorative appearance. The sapwood varies in width and is a light brown color with a slight tendency to darken over time. The heartwood is a yellowish-white colour with pronounced irregular veining of a darker colour. 
The legendary Olive Tree and the olive oil have come with the Mankind’s History. 
Firstly appeared probably in Middle East, the Olive Tree fastly widespread in all Mediterranean Area, where its veneration was hallowed by all faiths. 
The Olive Tree was considered to be synonymous with fertility and rebirth, with resistance to time and wars, a symbol of peace and value, it represented, both in mythology and in faith, a natural element of strength and purification. 
Arte Italiana Woods Collection, a strong, unique, with harmonious volumes collection, a modern and elegant pen for those who love the truly unique and “handmade” product."  

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info No LE, pen(s) not numbered
  • Nib Size XXF / EEF (Extra-Extra Fine)
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition New In Box - Current model pen, never used
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From USA - New Mexico
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info