The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Aurora Dante Inferno Le - Mint Conditions! For Sale

Price - $1,020.00

Time Left - 21 Days, 22 Hours

Please sign in to contact advertiser directly

Time has come for a few pens in my collection to leave the harbour, sail to new destinations, and make room for new pens :) 

The next pen for sale is an Aurora Dante Inferno LE from 2012 (serial number: 0430/1265). It’s a magnificent LE, of which only 1265 pens were made (1265 is the year of birth of Italian poet Dante Alighieri, to whose masterpiece, the Divina Commedia, the pen is dedicated).

• Material: lacquered brass, with finials plated in rose gold, and resin section.
  • Colour: black and rose gold
  • Condition: practically new: used only a couple of times for testing purposes.
  • Nib material: 18k rose gold. Made in-house.
  • Nib size: B (Note: Aurora nibs tend to run finer than other European pen-makers’. An Aurora B is more similar to a Japanese B or an European M. This is definitely the case on this pen, this B nib is the same width of my Parker M).
  • Nib performance: perfectly consistent and smooth. It was tested and adjusted by Mr. Mario Moricci of Casa della Stilografica in Florence before sending it. 
  • Note: some Aurora nibs have a “tooth” that you either love or hate: in this case however I can confirm that the “tooth” feeling is minimal. It’s just a bit of feedback that makes you enjoy the paper’s pattern, but this nib is far smoother than the average Aurora nib.
  • Feed: Aurora’s own ebonite feeds. Fantastic performance.
  • Trims: these really are the best part about this pen J
  • There are rose gold-plated engravings of laurel leaves, with enameled pattern, all around the cap and the barrel end.
  • A small Italian flag is also enameled in the back.
  • A portrait of Dante decorates the cap. 
  • Kindly note: a minimal difference in the shade of the rose gold plating can be seen between cap and barrel, but this seems to appear on all pens of this limited edition. It’s only noticeable under specific light conditions, anyway.
  • Filling system: piston filler with ink window.
  • Box and papers: available in original box and ink bottle. I do not have the booklet anymore though.
  • Preferred ink diet: I haven’t used it much but I’ve tried a number of black inks and they all worked perfectly fine. No need to stick to any specific ink diet.

Pen background, repair/restoration history: No repairs or restorations. The nib was fine-tuned by the seller before shipping. I bought this pen almost five years ago for no special occasion, just stunned by its beauty. However, immediately after receiving, I started feeling guilty for spending so much money (it retails for EUR 1.300!) and after some initial testing, I never used it anymore. I can’t enjoy pens that don’t have any sentimental value, so off it goes to someone else’s collection J

Price: EUR 950 (GBP 795/USD 1.020) inclusive of insured shipping with DHL! Overall you save more than 400 euros compared to the price of a new pen+shipping from the main online retailers.

Payment methods: PayPal, bank transfer (other methods can be discussed, but these are the preferred ones).
Shipping: Free track-and-trace standard shipping with DHL, including insurance.

Further item information (esp. Pens)

• Brand and Model Added brand(s) and model(s)
  • LE and/or Serial Number Info LE and Serial number info added
  • Nib Size B (Broad)
  • Restoration status Unrestored - In original condition or new

Shipping & Handling

• Condition Mint - Unused, not inked, no visible flaws, almost like new
  • Payment PayPal
  • Shipping From Lithuania
  • Shipping To World

General rules and conditions

• Conditions & Rules Yes
There are no public questions for this advert.

Advertiser Info